• I´m assigned to the Intel Team working for a customer based in Netherlands, my daily tasks are those involving Windows Server maintenance, support, VMWare related stuff, like VM snapshots, creation, VM support, and I’m usually engaged for critical issues that require deep troubleshoot, check out logs, event viewer and collaboration with other teams like network team, DB and such.
IT Infrastructure Sr - Dedagroup Company01.01.2018 - 01.03.2018
• I provide IT Infrastructure assistance as SysAdmin working with Linux RedHat 6 and 7, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Jenkins, VMWare, Windows Servers, Nginx, TIBCO Jaspersoft Reports server for Linux, I lead a 4 member team, we both support Database and Server platform for EPL Inc which is a US company providing services for US Credit Unions, we work through JIRA tickets with SLAs, our common daily operation would be to create virtual servers, add CPU, Memory, create snapshots, extend Linux and Windows disk space, restore files from backups, troubleshoot, server configuration and set up, windows server patching using WSUS, platform monitoring with Nagios, Oracle Linux and Red Hat support On Call duties, Active Directory maintenance and directory services.
Windows Engineer Sr - DXC technology, (HPE and CSC Company)01.09.2016 - 01.08.2017
• Member of the Windows Change Delivery Team, we were responsible for Windows virtual and physical servers platform, RFC (Request For Change) creation and management for preparing Windows servers for production, patching, SAN addition, CPU addition, Memory upgrades, Disk Space for virtuals using vSphere 5, I assist other teams with some middleware and Windows issues, Change Management, Windows Server Software update using HPSA (HP Server Automation), troubleshoot HPSA agent issues, HPE and HPI Private Cloud, ITIL methodology using HPSM for ticket management, SLA agreements, knowledge base documentation for known issues resolution.
Sr Consulting Engineer - Softtek01.03.2016 - 01.09.2016
• Assigned to The Inter-American Development Bank (IADB), leading a team supporting SiteMinder (Single Sing-On or SSO) Platform as Tier4 responsible for the IT architecture maintenance and operability, Policy servers were hosted in AWS (Amazon Cloud) and some others were physical Windows Servers.
• DevOps, Provide Support to Pre-Production environment pushing code and creating dev environments for testing using Linux, Unix and Windows with BEA Tuxedo, assigned to AT&T and supporting some Production tasks with the Billing system.
IT OPS Linux Private Cloud Management USAA - TATA Consultancy Services01.12.2013 - 01.10.2015
• Provide guidance for troubleshooting, create, clone, VM migration and support Virtual Servers (RHEL 5 and 6), create physical servers with RHEL 5 and 6, Linux server support, performance monitoring, LVM 2.0 for Linux file system management, install ESX on FLEX FABRIC HP Servers (Onboard Administrator, ILO, Virtual Connect), VMWare, vCenter, Datastore creation for clusters hosting virtual machines, basic SAN experience for High Availability Environments, ITIL change management process, Web server troubleshoot like Windows IIS, Apache Tomcat.
• Cloud support Iaas, High Availability concepts (Server Clusters, Load Balanced Servers), SAN and some Veritas related knowledge, bank production environment, experience being on call for major incidents support and resolution on site, critical issues working with different teams to resolve or create a workaround solutions for Bank service disruptions involving Linux, Unix servers, virtual or physical, tools used for troubleshooting like some Splunk related knowledge to analyze log files and get a root cause.
IT Infrastructure Manager - HP Mexico01.12.2009 - 01.12.2013
• IT Infrastructure Management for Global Business Intelligence/Enterprise Data Warehouse servers (Windows, HP-UX and Linux), maintain and upgrade infrastructure operation through SLAs, keep CMDB updated, Manage and coordinate worldwide Infrastructure changes (Move to production, Migration, Patching and regular maintenance) through Change Management (ITIL,ITSM, CI’s relationships and modifications ), lead and supervise infrastructure changes, be a liaison with support/development teams worldwide and customers (HP internal and HP Partners).
• Move to production cycle, planning, resource management and coordination; provide guidance and consulting for HP GBI organization regarding IT processes and documentation, GBI platform performance reporting, report analysis, trending and report automation.
• I was the Infrastructure manager for the Business Intelligence Platform, and part of the Platform Architect team which was located in US, I was in charge of the platform sustainability and maintenance for all environments (PRO,DEV and STG), leading a group of 5 people in Guadalajara and leading the Data Center Migration project, we closed a DC in Houston and had to migrate all servers and applications hosted there, we took the opportunity to upgrade the hardware and the Informatica solution to 9.5 with a failover re-engineering working with a grid scheme to improve server performance and availability.
• We saved some thousands of dollars to the company by decommissioning some servers and releasing some licenses, the platform was based on HP-UX 11 and Red Hat Linux 5.x and 6.x.I was first point of contact for change management, speeding up some processes in order to move some business projects to production.
Application Specialist for OC - HP Mexico01.01.2009 - 01.12.2009
• Manage and coordinate support in Operations Control through ITIL (Incident management, problem management) for a wide set of Partner applications within a finance suite, the support role included Move To Production activities, trigger escalations and maintain production applications on line 99.9 % of the time in a 24x7 support scheme through SLA agreements.
• I was part of the Tier 2 team supporting Business applications ( mission critical and entity essential ), we had about 30 applications and the team was localized in Guadalajara and Bangalore in a follow the sun support scheme, we supported homemade applications and worked with some middleware like iPlanet, Tidal (job scheduler), BAC (server monitoring), basic SQL queries, HP UX deployments and configuration, Directory Services.
Problem and Change Management Tier3 - HP Mexico01.03.2008 - 01.03.2008
• Creation of documentation, testing and maintenance of applications worldwide, move to production management, identification and analysis of recurring issues and problem management in order to find root cause and find a permanent solution, support and maintenance of infrastructure and information systems.
• Maintain a Knowledge Base integrated with HP ticket application management, I was part of the Change Management Team in order to optimize the daily operation regarding RFC creation, everything was made manually based on service templates and the RFC process required about 30 days for almost all infrastructure changes, now with the re-engineering process and some application development the time drop off to 21 days for critical production changes and 7 days for other non-production or critical updates.
IT Ops/Support Analyst II - HP Mexico01.07.2002 - 01.07.2002
• Work on problems/projects. • Evaluate unique circumstances and make recommendations. • Maintain application availability based on service level agreements. • Provide technical and application support. • Partner support for Digital Certificates ( PKI ). • SiteMinder Support 24x7 and consulting. • SSL certificate support for external servers. • ActivCard Infrastructure and Services Support. • Application Installation and Set Up on: HP-UX, Windows, Linux Red Hat, Apache, iPlanet, IIS. • Provide support for Active Directory issues, scripts maintenance, user information, server monitoring and data consistency.
Support Engineer Level 3 assigned to AT&T - HP Mexico - Contingent Worker01.06.2001 - 01.06.2001
• Internet Data Center Support. • Tier3 Deep Level Internet Hosting Support. • Server Installation/Configuration. • Web Hosting/provisioning using IIS (Windows) and HP-UX. • Active Directory Maintenance. • SQL Server Admin. • Real Server Streaming. • Server Maintenance, Clustering and Load Balancers. • Linux Red Hat, Windows 2000 Server Set up.
Support Engineer - HP Mexico01.01.1996 - 01.01.1999
• PC support engineer • Support HP IT Infrastructure • Provide support for HP IT projects
English, Agile Methodology, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Jakarta TOMCAT Servlet Engine, Secure Socket Layer, AD, HP-UX, ESX, Microsoft Internet Information Server, Capacity Planning, Change Management, Web Hosting, Tuxedo, Application development, problem management, server maintenance, Incident Management, ITIL Methodology, Microsoft Windows Server Update Services, server support, Web Servers, Proof of Concept, Middleware, Netscape iPlanet Enterprise Application Server, Application Servers, Remote Desktop Protocol, Netegrity SiteMinder, Red Hat, Enterprise Architecture, IaaS, JBoss Application Server, platform monitoring, Cloud support, Wintel Experience, platform design, Oracle Linux, Windows Servers, Linux SysAdmin, Jasper Reports, Server Installation, Application Infrastructure, Microsoft IIS, NetBox, HPSA, Siteminder, Directory Service, Support Process Engineering, VMWare technology, Domain Registration, Hosting, HA Concepts, Load Balanced environments, SiteOps, Data Center environment, Tibco Jaspersoft Report Server, Disaster Recovery Drills, Business Continuity Plan, Windows Server maintenance, Linux RedHat 6, Linux RedHat 7, BEA Tuxedo, Business Intelligence Platform, iPlanet, Tidal, Server Configuration, SQL Server Admin, Real Server Streaming, Load Balancers, Windows 2000 Server Set up, Windows Based Server, Exchange Server Admin, Network Infrastructure Maintenance
Jboss, AWS, SaaS
Windows, Linux, Active Directory, Unix, Nagios, Nginx, CentOS, VMware, Windows Server, Infrastructure Management, Linux Red Hat, Network administration, Networking, PKI, RHEL, System administration, vCenter, Veritas, Virtualization, VMware vSphere, VSphere
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.