• Improved business/technology awareness while working on an e-Trading health monitoring tool, started from scratch, as part of the Technology Governance goals for the year, using Java. • Developed low latency and scalable code, which was then tested with high code coverage. • Booked on own account shadowing sessions with various people within the team (developers, senior developers and technical lead), and within the organisation (quants and traders) - which gave a better visibility and understanding into the different sides of the Foreign Exchange (FX) business. • Worked on a group project with the aim to bring innovation within technology (machine learning). • Local and global outreach within the team, working on a scrum basis.
Warwick Business School SocietyMarch 2014 - October 2015
Edited and completely redesigned the website, and implemented a database application which helps for a better collaboration between the members of the society and the companies that attend WBSS events, such that these tailor their presentations on the audience and opportunities are created for members, e.g. fast tracked interviews. Worked in teams to organize social events. Managed and conducted technical support. wbss.co.uk
• Further improved technical skills while working in a team on the initial stages of a proof of concept, as part of historical data storage, implemented in Java, Maven, Apache Camel and MarkLogic. • Analysed alternative approaches in order to achieve considerable performance improvements. • Active contributor within team meetings: daily scrums, planning, reviews and retrospectives. • On own initiative shadowed people across business units (CTS and GM developers, research), thus gaining a broader prospective about the business, the technology systems used and how data flows within these.
• Enhanced skills while intensively working on both the group project and individual project, across various business units - FICC, XDiv • Opportunity to experience and be part of the culture throughout multiple diverse activities
• Improved technical complexity analysis while working in groups during the mock interview to develop efficient solutions to problems; brain stormed ideas to find the best implementations and algorithms to follow • Received a better understanding of the Google mentality and interviewing process throughout the Engineering and Interviewing talks, and the networking event
• Worked in teams throughout the two days Coding Challenge on a trading application implemented in Python • Improved proactiveness while learning the Agile development techniques • Received an excellent insight over the company and its software applications while work shadowing
Talent sourcing specialist de la plateforme Pentalog, SkillValue s’appuie sur un pool de +400 000 Experts Tech & Marketing, dont +15 000 freelancers. Évaluations de compétences, missions, offres d’emploi : les consultants SkillValue vous aident à accélérer votre carrière.
Restez informé de l'actualité tech avec la newsletter Pentalog
À propos de Pentalog
Pentalog est une plateforme de services IT qui accompagne les entreprises dans leur production digitale et leur transformation en fournissant des ingénieurs et développeurs de classe mondiale. Ses 16 Delivery Centers et Agences dans le monde comptent plus de 1600 ingénieurs, développeurs, product designers et spécialistes marketing.