• Attended a 3 day tech conference about upcoming technologies and their applications. • Won £2500 investment at a business hackathon where I pitched a business idea using Virtual Reality to increase access to meaningful experiences.
* Bookey is a mobile app that lets users meet new people in their area through book swaps. It is currently available on iOS and Android. * I created the business model which I believe is very unique in how it is going to attract users with little initial investment. * I taught myself how to make mobile apps using React Native, NodeJS, Firebase and MySQL and then developed the app (back-end, front-end and designs). * Made marketing materials and developed partnerships with local businesses to help spread the word. Currently have 300+ users. * Designed and created the website (www.bookey.org.uk) using ReactJS, Firebase and NodeJS.
PSG & L’Ecole PolytechniqueMarch 2019 - April 2019
• Took part in a competition where I used Python and my data science skills to make predictions about the results of football games. • Cleaned, analysed and visualised a large dataset (1.6 million records with over 50 variables) and then applied various algorithms to make predictions e.g. Random Forrest, Gradient boosting algorithms, Logistic and Linear Regression. • I learned a lot about working independently on a project and why planning out and making clean and efficient code is more important than just coding the first solution that comes to your mind. • Learned about the importance of implementing custom tests to ensure your program will notify you if there are any unexpected results.
Worldpanel - Expert Solutions teamApril 2018 - March 2019
* Clean, visualise and analyse large datasets to solve client problems regarding customer segmentations, market structures, competitors and new products. * Innovation: identify and learn new techniques to solve analytics challenges and then present new solutions to the rest of the team. * Predominantly used SAS, SQL, Python, R & MS Excel for projects.
Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport London, UK
Personal Data Science ProjectNovember 2018 - January 2019
• Collected data from various sources to create an algorithm that determines how much individual football players should earn. • Used SQL and Python to clean the data; create the algorithm and used the awesome Plotly library create stunning interactive visualisations. • Project can viewed at: https://www.kaggle.com/amirjab21/predicting-footballers-wages-using-fifa-stats
Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)September 2017 - April 2018
* Created and presented a competitor analysis report with a focus on technology, social media and behavioural insights.
* Responsible for writing the weekly strategy E-bulletin which was sent out to 1500 people. * Delivered training session to the strategy team about income generation for charities that I learned from past experience.
* Organised training sessions and socials to bring the team closer together and create a stronger team ethic. * Developed tactics to suit the personnel of our team, including playing three at the back.
Languages & Frameworks
Advanced: Python (Numpy, Pandas, Sklearn, Matplotlib), SQL, SAS
* Founded the consulting arm of our social enterprise society. * Set up 3 consulting projects by taking the initiative and networking with small business owners at entrepreneurs' events. * Recruited 15 highly skilled students, delivered training sessions on sustainability, impact evaluation and adding value in consulting. * Ensured sustainability of the team by recording the projects as case studies and hiring a new director to take the team forward.
* Enactus is a student run social enterprise which tackles social problems as well as providing business support to businesses with a social impact. * Oversaw 3 social projects to ensure they're making progress, gave regular training sessions to members and project leaders as well as mentoring project members on their project and career ambitions. * Designed an assessment centre for our applicants by creating case studies to test their entrepreneurial and problem solving abilities. * Developed partnerships with charities, social enterprises and consultancies.
Impact Hub WestminsterJune 2015 - September 2015
The Social Investment ConsultancyJune 2014 - September 2014
Cambridge University Student Consultancy GroupJanuary 2014 - April 2014
• Selected to work in a team of 8 students to consult for a $2m venture backed silicon-valley firm. • We had to research the best strategy for market penetration, where to enter the market and how to price the product. • Explored different markets and assessed their viability and suitability for our client. • I took the initiative by conducting interviews and surveys to collect my own data as their was very little available on the market in hand. I had to be creative to make recommendations on the small amount of data we had. • Used the data I had collect to devise two different pricing strategies, based on the product itself and existing competitors
• Learnt about the importance of structuring and teamwork in consultancy and got a chance to implement these skills as we pitched to companies wanting to hire consultants. I became a consultant for an educational online platform. • I primarily worked as the data analyst. I introduced them to Facebook Graph Search and analysed their online standing with Google Analytics. From this data, I made recommendations on markets they should enter, how they can alter their website to maximise engagement and strategic partners they should contact which could make a huge impact on their business. Alongside this I also used the data from GA to create a strategy for marketing on their social media pages. • My role also included increasing the online presence of the business. This included planning and implementing an online competition. I also adapted what they posted on social media and increased their conversion rates from Facebook & LinkedIn.
3 day bootcamp on enterprise, finance and creating adaptable businesses.
What I took from it: How to create a resilient business that can withstand changes How to identify opportunities with changes in the business landscape, demographics, legal issues, trends. Finances & legal issues of running a business Practice in pitching skills Free sandwiches & coffee
Talent sourcing specialist de la plateforme Pentalog, SkillValue s’appuie sur un pool de +400 000 Experts Tech & Marketing, dont +15 000 freelancers. Évaluations de compétences, missions, offres d’emploi : les consultants SkillValue vous aident à accélérer votre carrière.
Restez informé de l'actualité tech avec la newsletter Pentalog
À propos de Pentalog
Pentalog est une plateforme de services IT qui accompagne les entreprises dans leur production digitale et leur transformation en fournissant des ingénieurs et développeurs de classe mondiale. Ses 16 Delivery Centers et Agences dans le monde comptent plus de 1600 ingénieurs, développeurs, product designers et spécialistes marketing.