E-commerce Romania Director
within a leading multinational retail-specialized corporation based in France, a hypermarket pioneer.Involvement
in two main projects within Carrefour:
I. The complete (back-office and front) redesign of carrefour.ro
:Role: Proxy Product Owner
alongside the CEO, who was the product Stakeholder, and the ComEx (= CoDir) who were all my clients.
- Redesign of three old Carrefour Romania websites, an old application and a marketplace project not yet launched => in a unique portal in the Agile business environment and 2 weeks’ sprints.
- The design of the website was GDPR-based through its design, low maintenance by design, SEO by design, multi-outsourcing agencies (with production and specific code validation environments).
- Setting up the basics of the first fidelity program of Carrefour Romania.
- The specifications were set up by three interns integrated in the E-commerce department (the IT E-commerce team was composed of 12 people out of which 3 architects, 2 QAs and 7 POs) and validated by myself before pre-grooming and, subsequently by the ComEx and discussed with the two production agencies during grooming.
- Monthly demos (both two sprints) (always) with the CEO and certain ComEx members involved in functionalities (on a-case-by-case basis).
- Setting up focus groups (external users) 5 months prior to the website launch for functionalities testing.
- Setting up a stress and penetration testing strategy with two external and competitive agencies.
- Providing assistance to the building a recovery plan in case of natural disasters.
- Hosting Oracle cloud.
- Cost: 1 million euros.
- Duration: 18 months for the launch of the “must-have” version; 24 months for financial flows.
II. Building an E-commerce ERP for Carrefour
- The first internal soft developed by Carrefour.
- The ERP includes a WMS (warehouse management system) and a TMS (transport management system), an OMS (order management system), a Price simulator (partly launched) and an Employee planning tool (never launched).
Role: Product Owner and Stakeholder
- Building the technical architecture together with the architects consultants of two outsourcing agencies and functional architecture together with the E-commerce teams of Carrefour France, which had been using a 18-year-old WMS.
- Coordinating a second team of developers (besides the first one who was focused on the website building) composed of Carrefour personnel and two outsourcing agencies working according to the Agile principles; the maximum numbers of team members were 45 and 23 people at the website launch moment, namely May 17th 2018.
- Training the ComEx and the teams (18 people) followed by the second and third ones (a total of 150 people) according to the Agile principles.
- Cost: 2 millions euros.
- Duration: 24 months of internal validation + 12 months of implementation until the “must-have” prod launch.