Ruby on Rails Trainee
within the Pentalog group. Gaining knowledge on TDD, Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
Development of a newsfeed-like application that displays YouTube videos from a database.
- Learning how Ruby on Rails and associated mechanisms work (e.g. Rake Tasks).
- Reading documentation on: TDD, Ruby on Rails coding/styling standards, version control (GIT).
- Applying the acquired knowledge.
- The functionalities of the application include: login, choosing favorite channels, displaying videos from favorite channels after login.
- The app connects to YouTube with a key for the YouTube API from Google and uses a Rake task to gather new videos from existing channels, updating the database.
- Development in Ruby 2.5.1 on Rails 5 using a PostgreSQL database.