ADVANCED SYSTEM ENGINEER
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows 2003/2008 Server
- Windows NT Server
- Active Directory
- Lotus Notes
- Vmware ESX
- Windows Client OS
- Microsoft SQL Server
- MS SQL Management Studio
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
English : Average
Vietnamese : Native speaker
Software Publisher May 2014 - Present
Virtualization server management.
- Control of the system using Virtual Machine Manager (VMM): creation, modification, hardware configuration.
- Rebuilding the new Hyper-V host and adding it to the cluster.
- Migration of a VM to the new cluster using FailOver Cluster Manager.
- Installation and configuration of the downstream WSUS server.
- Installation and configuration of the DFS server.
- Maintenance of the Active Directory system (clearing AD sites, setting up DNS forwarders for domain).
- Setting up the environment for deployment (creating the server, installing and configuring the database, installing the web services).
EMC storage configuration and management.
- Creation and configuration of the LUN (logical unit number).
- Installation of the EMC agent to connect to the NAS server.
- Contribution to the EMC and VMM integration project.
NetBackup configuration and management.
- Installation and configuration of OpsCenter.
- Adding and modifying the backup policy.
- Maintenance of the Quantum Scalar i80 Tape Libraries.
- Firewall management: creating or modifying the policy, setting up new rules, updating firmware.
- Configuration and maintenance of the SolarWinds monitoring system which monitored network, server nodes, SQL database and applications.
Samsung Electronics Vietnam August 2013 - May 2014 Duration: 9 mois
Senior Staff – IT Department within a multinational electronics company.
Participation in the setting up stage for Factory No.2 located in Thai Nguyen.
– Servers management: IBM Server: SystemP (AIX OS): P770, P750; SystemX: X3650M4; HP Server: DL380 (Windows Server 2008); Dell Server: R710 (Secure OS).
- Installation and configuration of the server system for the entire factory.
- Installation of Oracle RAC and ADG on System P server for cluster service.
- Installation of Microsoft Cluster Service for IBM System X.
- Configuration of the storage system connecting to servers.
- Installation of the database for the server: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Preparation of the backup schedule for server and configuration.
- Installation and configuration of the switch layer 4 for load balancing service.
– Storage system (Production Database) management: EMC VNX5500, VIMAX, DATA DOMAIN; Oracle ZFS.
- Coordination with the HQ engineer to configure the storage system which stores the entire production database.
- Collaboration with HQ staff on problems or installation of a new function for the server system.
- Support to end-users for accessing the server’s applications.
- Configuration of the routers and switches for the whole factory’s network.
ATT Systems Vietnam March 2011 - August 2013 Duration: 2 ans 5 mois
System Engineer within a company which specializes in designing and developing a wide range of electronic systems and subsystems for government and commercial organizations.
Deployment of Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP).
- Installation and configuration of the customer’s server: based on Windows or Linux servers, IBM WebSphere applications, IBM DB2 databases.
- Software deployment and coordination with QA team for testing.
- Assistance to the customer’s inquires via phone or email.
- Providing reports on frequent errors to users and sending them back to developers for improvement in the next version.
Deployment of Electronic Queue Management Systems (EQMS).
- Collecting customer requirements on the system.
- Coordination with the development team in Singapore Office for coding based on the customer’s specifications.
- Deployment and installation:
– Server install and configuration: Windows Server, Tomcat Apache, Microsoft SQL Server.
– Hardware installation at the client’s site for the running system such as servers, queue kiosks, feed-back panels, center information display, LED display, etc.
– Software installation.
– Tests execution.
- Writing the instruction manual for users.
- Providing trainings to the client, supervising system go-live, and ensuring onsite support in case incidents occur.
- Before and after sale service support.
- Providing reports on frequent errors to users and sending them back to developers for improvement in the next version (for internal purposes).
Setup and administration of the company’s network and computer system.
- Setup and configuration of Active Directory, File server, Switches, DHCP.
- Installation, configuration and backup of Domino server – Lotus mail.
- Setup of the firewall on Fortigate – Fortinet 60.
- Setup of the VPN server from the company to the customers’ sites, from Hanoi Representative Office to Singapore parent company.
- Implementation of a security, virus protection and Internet access permission policy.
- Setup and configuration of the IP phone system – Zultys MX 250.
Bach Viet Technology July 2010 - March 2011 Duration: 8 mois
Network Engineer for a system integrator which has established partnerships with many important players in the IT and Software industry such as Cisco Systems, Sun Micro Systems, IBM, InfoGin, Mformation, Tandberg Television.
- Working on Windows Server (2003, 2008) environment.
- Setup and configuration of switches, routers, firewalls (VLAN, ACL, Routing, VPN, NAT).
- Use of Cisco 2500, 2600, 3600 Switches and Cisco 1900, 2900, 4500 Routers.
- Configuration of the load balancing devices: AX3400 – A10 Networks.
- Configuration of telecommunication devices: IPlex encoder – Tanberg, Envivio.
- Installation and configuration of ProNAS devices – network storage devices.
- Installation and configuration of television devices such as: video mixer, audio mixer.
Hanoi School of Business 2007 - 2010 Duration: 3 ans
IT Supporter within the IT Department of the university.
- Troubleshooting computer software and hardware problems.
- Network equipment setup including wiring of LAN cables, configuration of wireless network cards, access points and networking printers.
- Backup of the NT server, creation of NT account and configuration of Lotus Notes for the school’s users.
- Setup, maintenance, upgrade and fixing of the issues related to printers, fax machines, laptops, PCs, projectors, scanners.
- Providing technical support to users.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology - Military Technical Academy, Hanoi.