To The Power Of aims to be the premiere platform for leveraging the power of large groups for developing innovation. In my role I am working to develop the product roadmap, work with the development teams to track targets and confirm delivery, and participate in other startup activities (investment-seeking, evangelism).
I worked at Ixaris Systems from February 2017 with a focus on delivering a distressed €4M EU project. When the project approached completion, I began assisting with Scrum coaching and process redesign, which led to an offer of employment which commenced November 1st, 2017. As Head of Change Management I worked company-wide to continue improvement in the areas of Scrum implementation, mentoring of junior staff, and streamlining of processes. Due to a major internal restructuring my department was eliminated on April 23rd, 2017 and I returned to independent consulting.
• Completed distressed system upgrade project after series of internal project managers had been unable to do so. This included: o Improving communication and cooperation between PMO and technical team o Creating all documentation, including detailed project plan o Initiating impacted stakeholder engagement in planning of required call centre and sales outlet downtime
o Evaluating and revising technical launch plans, ensuring optimal timing, extensive pre-launch checks to confirm success and significant team to promptly diagnose and repair any failures on launch day o Leading on executive communication, with newly appointed CTO praising project as one of smoothest run they had ever seen • Minimised customer support call centre downtime by coordinating across entire company; executed upgrade smoothly and to schedule during overnight launch, with no major issues arising post-upgrade
• Led on all technical aspects of proposed €5m+ Oracle based billing system implementation project; coordinated input of business and technical stakeholders and external consultant teams. This involved: o Co-coordinating, contributing to and documenting requirements definition sessions
Project was halted following completion of initial design sessions due to possibility of merger.
the Government of MaltaAugust 2015 - February 2016
National Pitkalija (wholesale farmers’ market) renewal project
• Led on planning for €10m overhaul of national Pitkalija farmers’ market, with key focus on all technology, location, construction, logistics and staffing considerations. This included: o Conducting comparative analyses of other national markets in Europe
o Supporting preparation of public RFP and initiating engagement with relevant stakeholders to participate in selection of winning tender
• Consulted and supported group company leadership teams as technical strategic and project resource • Enabled business to benefit from volume purchasing by fostering connections between group companies for • Ensured service continuity by assuming interim IT director role, performing this alongside project commitments • Developed and managed group-wide (12 companies) three-year IT strategy within modest budget constraints • Enabled effective IT strategy execution by initiating building of PMO. This involved: o Translating strategic vision into prioritised project and action plans o Matrix managing internal stakeholders and external service providers in implementation
o Building virtual team of ten project managers comprising junior staff from across the business to support execution and lead company-specific project delivery • Informed senior management and board level understanding of project performance by developing and reporting on multiple sets of corporate KPIs • Additionally deputised for CTO, maintaining project and programme momentum during year-long absence and reporting results, enabling CTO to manage acquisitions internationally
• Led development of interactive 3D software (using Reveal open-source software / Unity gaming engine) to accompany academic publications • Enabled public access to excavation photos, 3D scans and other materials by designing digital asset management database • Published and ed on technical topics, including underwater 3D imaging, hyperspectral / remote sensing, and augmented reality; invited speaker at four global nautical archaeology conferences • Nurtured enduring relationships across Anthropology, Oceanography and Digital Humanities in coordinating major research funding applications efforts
International middleware software company, with 3,300 headcount (was acquired by Oracle)
• Led strategic offshoring of entire product development function and implementation of 100-person Beijing-based team, with accountability for all associated annual budgeting, planning and risk assessment Created project office for start-up telecommunications-focused division of c. 50 staff; employed Agile methodology in delivery of three new products and annual timetable of multiple projects
• Led six-person team in preparing for Italian “3” wireless service launch to aggressive timeline. This involved:
o Establishing baseline procedures in managing definition and implementation of code acceptance procedures, change management processes, and documentation standards o Ensuring content delivery application handled expected launch day load by overseeing testing and deployment, with key focus on VIP launch and demo of VideoGol
• Supported London office launch and managed programme delivery for UK client base. This included: o Delivering two large-scale telecom portal (Vodafone Vizzavi) projects for aggressive startup • Led geographically dispersed development teams of up to 40 people in Milan, London and the US
Startup with concept of aggregating and enabling smaller Italian suppliers to sell to larger US retail chains through combined fulfillment of order volume.
• Secured US$1.5m ¬first-round funding by developing original business plan, cost estimates and strategy, enabling recruitment of staff, sourcing of office space and filing of patent • Enabled connection to major US retailers and their distribution systems by cultivating relationship with key US logistics software partner (QRS) and negotiating use of additional US$1m of software • Architected, planned and managed system integrations between ModaExchange’s services, its Italian suppliers, US-based clients, and third-party logistics and customs services
Consulting firm primarily serving legal industry client base, with 350 employees
• Managed two major e-business client projects that were firsts in their respective industries: online auto loan application website for GE Capital, Chicago, and employment application submission website for Fortune 500 temporary employment agency
Talent sourcing specialist de la plateforme Pentalog, SkillValue s’appuie sur un pool de +400 000 Experts Tech & Marketing, dont +15 000 freelancers. Évaluations de compétences, missions, offres d’emploi : les consultants SkillValue vous aident à accélérer votre carrière.
Restez informé de l'actualité tech avec la newsletter Pentalog
À propos de Pentalog
Pentalog est une plateforme de services IT qui accompagne les entreprises dans leur production digitale et leur transformation en fournissant des ingénieurs et développeurs de classe mondiale. Ses 16 Delivery Centers et Agences dans le monde comptent plus de 1600 ingénieurs, développeurs, product designers et spécialistes marketing.