within a project aiming to help a manufacturer,
cross-sector technology company focusing on the objective evaluation of
industrial data networks' quality and stability. The client is
specialized in applying a large portfolio of industrial diagnostic tools
used to test the actual quality level of different networks and to
eliminate any potential errors.
The project consists in the
development of new features for a widely spread application used by
various important vehicle manufacturers. It is based on the use of a
quality detecting device, providing information related to the network
load, data throughput, refresh rate, telegram gaps and jitter, recording
the current communication quality parameters.
The client wants to improve the existing software in order to upgrade its functionalities by:
- developing a feature used by firmware to update the description of various device-related alerts from an machine-known ID to a human readable message given by some specific XML files uploaded by a client into front-end side of the project;
- developing a class that is capable of enqueuing and running certain operating tasks;
- developing specific operations that is able to parse XML files. The aim of the intervention
was to implement a refactored code, followed by its review by the client, who is charge with its final implementation within the large project.
- Understanding the business objectives and context.
- Getting to better know the domain.
- Finding out more about the concept, idea, vision, needs, users, necessary features, business goals.
- Getting more insights into what is being measured, when and why.
- Anticipating the client's needs to more effectively manage the features.
- Refining the needs and listing its features.
- Development of new functionalities for the device firmware using C++.
- Bug fixing on the developed functionalities in order to ensure their compliance with the technical and functional specifications.