within a company providing design, development and support services for real estate investment management and property management software.
Participation in the development of several projects:
- A real estate specific ETL system written in Scala, which imports, transforms, and stores 1,000,000+ listing data daily with the use of asynchronous concurrent processing (Akka) from 220+ different sources through RETS (Real Estate Transaction Standard), SOAP, compact XML, standard XML, or CSV file.
- Extensions, optimization and general maintenance of the import system.
- Increasing the performances of the listing import system by improving its current processing strategy with the use of AKKA 2.
- Understanding the power of a domain specific language (DSL) implemented in Scala with MongoDB as the underlying data repository.
- A web service meant to send personalized invitation emails to real estate agents that could become potential users of the company's main product; used ASP .NET Web API as support framework.
- Design and implementation of the web service.
- New features addition, optimization and maintenance.
- Migration of the local billing related services to an event based functionality. Orders, invoices, payments are modeled as events and passed across an event bus to independent services that can process them.
- Intervention on Yardi's internal billing management project responsible for handling credit transactions for all products; working on transitioning the billing system over to a new provider to be PCI compliant. (Scala, Spray, SQL Server).
- Collaboration within a distributed software development team responsible for importing accounting data into the parent company’s aggregate systems using event driven architecture. Cross team collaboration was integral to the success of this project. Comprehensive audits were administered to ensure the accuracy of the financial data.